Friday, April 4, 2008

So Stare and See That This is Me

I have been tagged.

1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog.
5. Tag 5 people.
"This so inflated them that they did various dodgy things to get staying up still longer, such as demanding bandages; but Wendy, though glorying in having them all home again safe and sound, was scandalised by the lateness of the hour, and cried, 'To bed, to bed," in a voice that had to be obeyed" (Peter and Wendy, by James M. Barrie).

Man he writes long sentences. I find it highly amusing that Peter Pan was coincidently the closest book to me at the time that I was tagged by Abelard. What's more amusing is the use of the word "dodgy" in the sentence, because "dodgy" is a euphemism for homosexual behavior in Great Britain. I'll let you use your own imagination in regards to the lost boys doing "various dodgy things" to stay up past their bedtime. You may or may not use bandages in your imagining.

I tag Romulus, Remus, Gabriel, DaVinci, and Draco.

2 comments:

draco said...

I have a bajillion books around my bed. The closest book to me is different depending if I use my nose, my back, or my feet as a reference. I decided to use my nose. The closest book to me is a Spanish dictionary. The 123rd page doesn't even have five sentences on it. It's the beginning of the "D" section. Hey- "D" for Draco, right? This game is stupid.

Craig said...

I like yours the best so far.

"Dodgy" is a word that we don't use nearly enough.