Saturday, December 13, 2008

Returning to the Moho Queerosphere

I'm sure that most of you readers (if any remain) were shocked and devastated to see my blog disappear the better part of a year ago. ;-) I was also saddened by it because I was forced to remove the blog by a Bishop who felt it constituted apostasy.

A lot has happened since then. Honestly I was glad for the reprieve from the blogging (I still read other blogs and commented). There was a huge burden removed when I stopped blogging. It allowed me over time to come up with several realizations that have enabled me to come back to blogging with a changed attitude.

1. Secrecy/Anonymity isn't a shield or protection for me. I have nothing to be ashamed of.
2. It is not my job to change other people or to fix the injustices of this world/culture/society. I don't need to lead the fight.
3. My opinions don't jeopardize my education.

I return to blogging not because I need support or because I need a place to vent or rant, but because I feel like I need to establish how I feel about things. I've been kinda in the lime light, and I felt a need to clarify. Nothing that I feel is secret--I have shared it with friends and faculty at BYU--and nothing that I feel puts me at odds with the Honor Code, which only defines actions. Granted, blogging is an action, so let me state that this blog in no way advocates homosexual behavior, nor does it aim to fight against the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

2 comments:

Abelard Enigma said...

Welcome back!

Rob said...

Welcome back too. I enjoy your blog and am glad you've resumed writing.

And forgive me for saying so, but I think that if he really thought your blog was apostasy, the bishop that "forced" you to stop before was a total idiot. Talk about unrighteous dominion. It's people like him that give BYU the reputation of a close-minded, intolerant breeding ground for ignorant and paranoid automatons. Sheesh.