Saturday, November 3, 2007

I've never felt this healthy before

"I'll give you countless amounts of outright acceptance if you want it. I will give you encouragement to choose the path that you want if you need it. You can speak of anger and doubts your fears and freak outs and I'll hold it. You can share your so-called shame filled accounts of times in your life and I won't judge it. (and there are no strings attached to it)" (Alanis Morissette).
I have never felt this alive- this complete- this whole. It is an overload of me when before I was always ignoring me. It is wonderful and exciting and.

I claim to be indecisive. I talk like I'm confused. I say I don't know what I want or what I am going to do. The reality is my actions don't match up to that greatest of pretends. If you follow my actions, then I have already decided.

This post is really just an excuse to post lyrics. I'm going to go to the Temple today.
"You were taken with me to a point, a case of careful what you wish for, but what you knew was enough to begin. And so you called and courted fiercely, so you reached out, entirely fearless, and yet you knew of reservation and how it serves. And I salute you for your courage, and I applaud your perseverance, and I embrace you for your faith in the face of adversarial forces that I represent" (Alanis Morissette).

3 comments:

draco said...

I've never wanted something rational. I am aware now (I like to think I am)... I am aware now."

I hope you have an enlightening experience at the temple.

It's true- actions can speak louder than words- although your lyrics are doing a pretty good job as well :)

Here's some more for you to look up and ponder:
Celine Dion - I'm Alive
Phantom of the Opera - Past the Point of No Return
Alanis Morrissette - Precious Illusions, Everything

Daniel (Old Account) said...

I started out with several selections and had to narrow them down to two. Both Precious Illusions and Everything were on the original list. (so was Joining You)

You'll rescue me right? In the exact same way they never did. I'll be happy right? When your healing powers kick in. You'll complete me right? Then my life can finally begin. I'll be worthy right?"

Also, I love Phantom of the Opera.

Hmmm. Looking up "I'm Alive" right now . . .

draco said...

Oh man, you're really keeping me on my toes! Here's two more to make up for the ones that you already had in the running:
Josh Groban- February Song
John Mayer - Gravity